VOLCANO: Two tenure-track positions at Denison University

Two tenure-track positions at Denison University
From: Erik Klemetti <klemettie@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Friends and colleagues,

The Department of Geosciences at Denison University will be conducting two searches this fall for new tenure-track faculty positions. We are seeking broadly-trained geoscientists whose field of research falls into these categories: (1) sedimentology/stratigraphy or (2) geomorphology/climatology. Candidates should be excellent teachers and researchers who will provide a balance of classroom, field and lab experiences for our students. Faculty in our department typically teach three lab courses a year across all levels of the curriculum and are expected to have an active research program that can involve undergraduate students. We are especially interested in candidates from under-represented groups in the geosciences and we welcome candidates that can combine these specialties in unique ways or complement our current existing strength in structural geology, petrology and paleontology. We are also willing to consider joint applications for these positions.

To apply for the sedimentology/stratigraphy position: https://employment.denison.edu/postings/980
To apply for the geomorphology/climate position: https://employment.denison.edu/postings/981

Please forward this to interested graduate students (who will be completed by Fall 2016) or postdocs in your department. The deadline for applying is October 15 to receive full consideration. For those attending, we will plan to meet with selected candidates at GSA 2015 in Baltimore. Please feel free to send any questions to me (klemettie@xxxxxxxxxxx).

Thanks!
Cheers,
Erik Klemetti

(I apologize for any multiple postings).