VOLCANO: AGU 2015. Session "Structure, dynamics and properties of silicate melts and magmas"

AGU 2015. Session "Structure, dynamics and properties of silicate melts and magmas"
From: Danilo Di Genova <danilo.digenova@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear all,

we would like to draw your attention to the session titled:

V030: Structure, dynamics and properties of silicate melts and magmas

under the section Volcanology, Geochemistry and Petrology in the 2015 AGU Fall Meeting to be held in San Francisco from December 14-18, 2015.  We encourage you to submit your abstracts to this session.

The description for our session is as follows:

Session ID#: 8263

Physical and thermodynamic properties of silicate melts and magmas are key factors governing petrological and volcanic processes such as melt generation, transport, emplacement, crystallization, degassing and eruptive style. In order to better understand the dynamics of volcanic systems and to produce numerical models for the mitigation of volcanic risks, it is crucial to investigate the variation of physical and thermodynamic proprieties of silicate liquids and glasses as function of chemical composition and volatile content. The aim of this session is to describe the state of art of the physical and thermodynamic properties of silicate melts currently in our knowledge. For these reasons, we welcome contributions applying experimental, theoretical, numerical and innovative approaches for understanding the structure, dynamics and physical properties of magmas, silicate glasses and melts.

Contributions can be submitted here (http://fallmeeting.agu.org/2015/abstract-submissions/)

Submission deadline is Wednesday, 5 August 23:59 EDT (03:59 +1 GMT).

Invited speakers:

Maria Rita Cicconi – University of Erlangen-Nürnberg

Sung Keun Lee – Seul National University

Daniele Morgavi - Perugia University

Geneviève Robert – Bates College, Lewiston

We look forward to seeing you in San Francisco.

With regards,

Danilo Di Genova (Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich)

Daniel R. Neuville (CNRS-IGPG, Paris)

Grant Henderson (University of Toronto)