VOLCANO: GSA 2015. session in honor of David Clague

GSA 2015. session in honor of David Clague
From: Wendy Bohrson <bohrson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Colleagues

As many of you likely know, David Clague  is the recipient of the 2015 MGPV (GSA) Distinguished Career Award.

Jackie Dixon and I are organizing a GSA topical session in Dave's honor for the annual GSA meeting this year (Baltimore, Nov. 1-4).

We are writing to encourage you to submit an abstract and join us in celebrating Dave and honoring the many contributions he has made to the sciences of petrology, geochemistry and volcanology.

Please see below for all the relevant info.  We hope to see you at Dave’s session.

Best regards
Wendy Bohrson and Jacqueline Dixon

******
T219: Intraplate and Divergent Boundary Volcanism: A Tribute to the Distinguished Career of David Clague

David Clague is the recipient of the 2015 Distinguished Career Mineralogy, Geochemistry, Petrology, and Volcanology (MGPV) Award.
Dave is recognized for his multidisciplinary, data-intensive approach to studying volcanoes, his prolific contributions to the volcanology,
petrology and geochemistry literature, and the influence he has had on the careers of many of us.

We are organizing a session in Dave’s honor at the annual Geological Society of America meeting in Baltimore (Nov. 1-4) and encourage abstract
submissions from those who have been influenced and inspired by Dave’s many contributions to volcanology, petrology and geochemistry.

Invited speakers: David Clague, Fred Frey

Abstract deadline: August 11

Conveners: Wendy Bohrson, Jacqueline Dixon

If you have questions, please email Wendy Bohrson (bohrson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx).