VOLCANO: AGU 2015. The Paraná-Etendeka Igneous Province and Related Magmatism: What Have we Learned so far?

AGU 2015. The Paraná-Etendeka Igneous Province and Related Magmatism: What Have we Learned so far?
From: "Edgardo Cañon" <ecanon@xxxxxxxxx>

Are you planning to attend the  AGU Fall Meeting to be held in San Francisco from December 14 to 18?

We invite you to submit an abstract for session 7577   The Paraná-Etendeka Igneous Province and Related Magmatism: What Have we Learned so far?

The Paraná-Etendeka Igneous Province (PEIP) of Brazil and Namibia is the second largest outcrop of the Cretaceous continental flood basalt; it is closely related to the opening of the South Atlantic Ocean, and was followed by many intrusions, some of which might lie outside the present day Paraná Basin. Numerous studies describing the geochemical, geochronological, geophysical, paleomagnetic,, stratigraphical, tectonic and volcanic characteristics of the PEIP proper, and the associated magmatism on both sides of the Atlantic, have been published in the past decade. However, it is difficult to assess how much has been learned about this province, partly because those works are outpaced in the literature. This session therefore invites recent studies in all subjects that contribute for a better knowledge of the origin and evolution of the PEIP and related magmatism. We also encourage multidisciplinary studies allowing comparison of the PEIP with other continental flood basalt provinces.

The deadline for all submissions is Wednesday, 5 August 23:59 EDT/03:59 +1 GMT. Abstract submission and more information can be found at http://fallmeeting.agu.org/2015/abstract-submissions/

We thank you for your contribution, and apologize for multiple postings from different lists.

Session Conveners

Edgardo Cañón-Tapia, CICESE-Mexico
Irene Raposo, USP-Brasil
Xixi Zhao, Tongji University-China.