VOLCANO: AGU 2015. Volcano-hydrothermal systems

AGU 2015. Volcano-hydrothermal systems
From: taran@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Colleagues,

We invite you to contribute to our session at the AGU Fall 2015

Session ID#: 8413

Session title: Volcano-hydrothermal systems

Session description: Volcano-hydrothermal systems (VHS) are results of interaction of the upper part of plumbing systems of active volcanoes with crust, hydrosphere and atmosphere. They are heated by magma, fed by magmatic fluids and meteoric (sea) water, transport and re-distribute magmatic and crustal material. VHS are also chemically and physically sensitive to the activity of a host volcano. We seek for contributions related to all aspects in studying VHS: (1) The integration of different monitoring records with volcanological data  and their significance in terms of eruption forecasting; (2) New instruments and techniques for the measurement of geophysical and geochemical parameters; (3) Reports of significant case histories, documenting the relationships between the measured parameters evolving deep and shallow processes;  (4) Mass balance estimations showing the hydrothermal contribution to the output of magmatic volatiles; (5) New modeling frameworks (geochemical and geophysical) for the interpretation of the observed data.
Conveners:  Yuri Taran (UNAM Mexico), Salvatore Inguaggiato (INGV, Palermo, Italy), Elena Kalacheva (IVS Kamchatka, Russia) and Franco Tassi (University of Florence, Italy)

The abstract submission site
 <http://fallmeeting.agu.org/2015/abstract-submissions/> is now open.
 Please submit your abstracts by* Wednesday, 5 August 23:59 EDT/03:59 +1
 GMT. *

Thank you
Yuri Taran
Institute of Geophysics, UNAM, Mexico