VOLCANO: RGS-IBG Postgraduate Forum Mid-Term Conference: 25th-26th March 2015, University of Sheffield

RGS-IBG Postgraduate Forum Mid-Term Conference: 25th-26th March 2015, University of Sheffield
From: Thomas D Pering <ggp12tdp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear All,

This years Royal Geographical Society Postgraduate conference is at the University of Sheffield on the 25th and 26th March 2015. Abstract submission deadline is the 13th February, it would be great to have a good volcanic contribution to this conference. For more information please see: https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/geography/phd/conference or see the announcement below from the organisers.

Cheers,
Tom Pering
University of Sheffield

Each year the Royal Geographical Society with the Institute of British Geographers' (RGS-IBG) holds a Postgraduate Mid-Term Conference. The conference is open to all postgraduates, at any stage of their research, first-year students are particularly encouraged to attend since the relaxed environment is perfect for those presenting for the first time. The idea is to give the opportunity to geography PGRs to present their research to fellow postgraduates in a supportive environment, as well as to promote informal discussions around research topics. We welcome presentations or posters from any geography-related subject. We are pleased to announce we have secured two excellent keynote speakers for the conference. Dr Andrew McGonigle (The University of Sheffield) will speak on the first day, with Dr Paul Simpson (Plymouth University) speaking on the second day.