VOLCANO: Stromboli lava flow into the sea: photos 8-12 Aug 2014

Stromboli lava flow into the sea: photos 8-12 Aug 2014
From: Tom Pfeiffer <tpfeiffer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear all,

after two months of impressive build-up activity at the summit vents, including several short-lived lava overflows, a vent opened on the lower flank of the NE crater on the morning of 7 August, causing a massive surge of lava running down the Sciara.
Within short time, it reached the sea and established a sustained lava flow reaching the sea for the first time since 2007.
I visited the volcano during 8-12 August. Here are some pictures, I hope you find them interesting:

Lava & sea: http://www.volcanodiscovery.com/stromboli/photos/lava-flow-sea-2014.html

Lava flow & vent: http://www.volcanodiscovery.com/stromboli/photos/lava-flow-2014.html

Many greetings,

Tom
Dr. Tom Pfeiffer, volcanologist
VolcanoDiscovery - photos, infos, tours to active volcanoes
Italy, Greece, Iceland, Hawai'i, Indonesia, Vanuatu, Guatemala and more
CONTACTS & INFO:
E > tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
W> http://www.volcanodiscovery.com
***NEW: visit us on FB***: http://www.facebook.com/VolcanoDiscovery