VOLCANO: Silicic tephra sample request

Silicic tephra sample request
From: "Nusbaum, Robert L" <NusbaumR@xxxxxxxx>

Silicic ash-fall tephra for student research

Robert L. Nusbaum, Geology and Environmental Geosciences, College of Charleston, Charleston, SC

nusbaumr@xxxxxxxx

One of our undergraduate research students and I are analyzing dacite, rhyodacite, and rhyolite ash-fall tephra using a reflectance spectroradiometer.  Requested tephra characteristics are itemized below.

1.       Unweathered silicic tephra which may include distal, proximal, or co-ignimbrite samples

2.       Roughly 10 grams of sample will be adequate.

3.       Approximate location coordinates

4.       If a chemical analysis is available, that would be helpful.

Many thanks,

Robert L. Nusbaum, Professor

Geology and Environmental Geosciences

66 George Street