VOLCANO: Reminder to submit photos to Volcanoes Top Trumps!

Reminder to submit photos to Volcanoes Top Trumps!
From: Volcano Top Trumps <volcanotoptrumps@xxxxxxxxx>

This is a reminder to submit your best volcano photos to Volcanoes Top Trumps!  Please send us your images by the end of this week if you wish have YOUR photo in our app AND (*newsflash*) as part of an official Volcanoes Top Trumps card pack!

And now for some more info:

We are part of a new UK-funded research project called ‘Strengthening Resilience in Volcanic Areas’ (STREVA). You can look at our website to find out more information about the scientific project and its aims at www.streva.ac.uk.

To improve the educational and outreach component of this work we have managed to persuade Winning Moves, the owner of the Top Trumps brand, to work with us in developing Volcanoes Top Trumps(*). With a little seed funding from the University of East Anglia and Plymouth University we are developing a brand new app and card pack; due for release later in the Spring.

Any of our profits from this venture will form the Volcanoes Top Trumps Outreach Fund which will be used to help people affected by volcanic activity. Obviously, we have tried to introduce a fun educational component into the game too!

For the best results we need astonishing and amazing images of each of the volcanoes in the game (see below). This is where we would like your help. Can you provide us with these photos? We cannot give a fee for the use of the photo (we are not-for-profit) but we can provide full acknowledgement of any image we use.

In the event of us having multiple images we have amassed a crack squad of experts used to choosing good images for this kind of purpose including Erik Klemetti (EruptionsBlog); David Pyle (University of Oxford) and Iain Stewart (BBC Volcano Live).  So if you think you have the kind of image that will pass this kind of scrutiny and make Volcanoes Top Trumps go with a Bang please do send them to this address: volcanotoptrumps@xxxxxxxxx with the name and affiliation you would like us to use.

You can find out more about our categories and our volcanoes at our web page www.streva.ac.uk/vtt, our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/VolcanoTopTrumps, or follow us on Twitter @VolcTopTrumps.

Many thanks,

Volcanoes Top Trumps HQ

Campi Flegrei

Taupo

Yellowstone

Santorini

Tambora

Vesuvius

Fuego

Pinatubo

Crater Lake

Etna

Merapi

Santa Maria

Arenal

Pelee

Nyiragongo

Nevado del Ruiz

Popocatepetl

Fuji

St Vincent

Unzen

Tongariro

Sakurajima

Oldoinyo Lengai

Stromboli

Agung

Colima

Tungurahua

Erebus

Soufriere Hills

Tenerife

Villarrica

Krakatau

Mount St Helens

Puyehue Cordon-Caulle

Grimsvotn

Kilauea

Rainier

Yasur

Bezymianny

Surtsey

Eyjafjallajokull

White Island

Tristan da Cunha

(*)A fun, interactive, mobile based game, where the player is dealt a number of volcanoes, before pitting them against an opponent - choosing a numerical stat about their volcano that they think will win