VOLCANO: AGU session: Calderas I

AGU session: Calderas I
From: Heather Wright <hwright@xxxxxxxx>

Dear Colleagues,

Please consider submitting an abstract to our fall AGU session:
V005. Calderas I: Genesis, evolution, and eruption of large silicic magma chambers - Petrology and thermal evolution

eruptive sequence. However, not all volcanoes produce caldera-forming
eruptions. What factors contribute to the growth and accumulation of
large volumes of silicic magma at caldera volcanoes? What are the time
scales by which large silicic magmas are assembled and how do they
evolve? We invite contributions that focus on petrologic
characterization of eruptive sequences at caldera volcanoes,
geochemical signatures of growth and evolutionary processes, and
models of magma chamber growth and evolution.

Abstract submission deadline: August 8, 2012.
Hope to see you there!

Conveners: Heather Wright, Catherine Annen, and Kathryn Watts
http://fallmeeting.agu.org/2012/scientific-program/

--
Heather Wright
U S Geological Survey