VOLCANO: Fall AGU Session Announcement

Fall AGU Session Announcement
From: Barry I Cameron <bcameron@xxxxxxx>

For all those wine enthusiasts whose day job is volcanology, geochemistry and petrology, please be advised:

We are pleased to have Volcanology, Geochemistry and Petrology co-sponsor this exciting special session for Fall AGU in San Francisco. Please consider contributing by submitting an abstract:

Fall AGU Meeting 2012, San Francisco, CA, 3-7 Dec 2012.

H052: Terroir VINdicated!

Terroir is a French word that has been used for centuries to describe and explain wine variability from place to place. Terroir reflects the complex interplay of: bedrock geology, soils, climate (temperature, wind, humidity, and precipitation), and slope angle and orientation. The secrets of terroir can be unlocked with carefully designed research projects that take advantage of multiple scientific approaches such as geochemistry, pedology, hydrology, mineralogy, geophysics, remote sensing, and GIS. We look for contributions on all aspects of terroir, at all scales, but especially those that try to decipher the key factors that determine variations in wine quality. We anticipate submissions that explore the complexity and nuances of this alluring earth system.

Conveners:
Barry I. Cameron (UW-Milwaukee)
Larry Meinert (USGS)
Scott Burns (Portland State University)

The abstract submission deadline is 8 August 2012.  http://fallmeeting.agu.org/2012/

Join us and make this a great session. Ciao,

Barry I. Cameron
Associate Professor, UW-Milwaukee
Department of Geosciences
Igneous Petrology and Volcanology