VOLCANO: Invitation to the Hopi Buttes volcanic field maar-diatreme workshop

Invitation to the Hopi Buttes volcanic field maar-diatreme workshop
From: Nathalie Lefebvre <nathaliel.lefebvre@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear Colleagues:

In October 2012, we will be running a workshop on maar-diatreme volcanoes in the Hopi Buttes Volcanic Field, Arizona. The area is an ideal setting to visit magnificent exposures of the entire spectrum of maar-diatreme volcano structures, and will stimulate discussions on this subject. We hope that you will be able to participate. Click on the link below for further details:

http://www.otago.ac.nz/geology/downloads/Hopi%20Buttes%20maar-diatreme%20workshop%202012%20flyer-2red.pdf

Please note that spaces are limited and preference will be given on a first come, first serve basis. If you are interested, the deadline to sign up is March 30, 2012. We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards from the organizers,

Nathalie Lefebvre, University of Otago

James White, University of Otago

Micheal Ort, Northern Arizona University

Bruce Kjarsgaard, Geological Survey of Canada

Jorge Vazquez, U.S. Geological Survey