VOLCANO: GVN Bulletin--Latest issue

GVN Bulletin--Latest issue
From: "Wunderman, Richard" <WUNDERMA@xxxxxx>

We just posted the latest issue of the Bulletin of the Global Volcanism Network --- BGVN 36:12.

The last few issues are not yet fully online but you can get the PDF files here:

http://www.volcano.si.edu/reports/bulletin/contents.cfm?display=complete

We are revamping our website and expect to see it operational this summer.

CONTENTS, Volume 36, Number 12 (December 2011)

Seulawah Agam (Indonesia)  172-year repose continues despite seismic crisis of September 2010-July 2011

Gamalama (Indonesia)  Eruption on 4 December 2011; lahars kill four and displace thousands

Ijen (Indonesia)  Sharp increase in seismicity in December 2011 spurs evacuation preparations

Lewotolo (Indonesia)  December 2011-January 2012 seismicity, incandescence, and evacuations

West Mata (Tonga)   details on the seamount and witnessed boninite eruptions

Guagua Pichincha (Ecuador)  During 2008-2010 the lava dome was stable, occasional phreatic explosions

East Scotia Ridge (S Atlantic)  Study describes submarine venting and eruption in back-arc setting

San Cristobal (Nicaragua)  Multiple ash plumes in 2010; several summit explosions without precursors

Rick Wunderman  | Smithsonian Institution

Editor  |  Bulletin of the Global Volcanism Network

National Museum of Natural History   |   Mineral Sciences

Email: wunderma@xxxxxx   |   Web: www.volcano.si.edu

Phone: (202) 633 1827       |    Fax: (202) 357-2476