VOLCANO: AGU 2011 Session: V33 Role of Fluids in Subduction Processes

AGU 2011 Session: V33 Role of Fluids in Subduction Processes
From: Anne Pommier <apommier@xxxxxxx>

Dear all,

Please consider submitting Fall AGU abstracts to the session proposed below (deadline for abstracts submission: August, 4th):
V33: Role of Fluids in Subduction Processes
Conveners:
Hikaru Iwamori, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan. hikaru@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Anne Pommier, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA. apommier@xxxxxxx.
Eiichi Takahashi, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan. etakahas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The upward migration of fluids from subducting plates are critical to our understanding of subduction processes, such as slab dehydration and associated earthquakes, magma genesis, evolution of crustal magma or fluid reservoirs which may cause both seismic and electrical conductivity anomalies. In order to understand the distribution, nature and role of fluids in subduction zones, multidisciplinary studies and discussions are therefore needed to be integrated. We invite contributions that advance our understanding of the role of fluids in subduction contexts. Contributions emphasizing a field-lab multidisciplinary approach, including geophysical observations, HP experiments, geochemical and petrological constraints, are particularly welcome.

Invited speakers:
- Geoffrey Abers, Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory, USA
- Bruno Reynard, ENS Lyon, France
- Shane McGary, WHOI-MIT, USA
- Akira Hasegawa, Tohoku University, Japan

Best regards,
Hikaru, Eiichi and Anne