VOLCANO: AGU Session: U11 Climate Loads as Forcers of Seismic and Volcanic Processes

AGU Session: U11 Climate Loads as Forcers of Seismic and Volcanic Processes
From: Karen M Luttrell <kluttrell@xxxxxxxx>

Dear Colleagues, we would like to draw your attention to the following
special session at the 2011 Fall AGU Meeting.  Recall abstract submission
closes earlier this year, on August 4.

Session U11: Climate Loads as Forcers of Seismic and Volcanic Processes

Recent observations have indicated that earthquakes, volcanic unrest, and
seismic tremor may respond to subtle stresses emplaced by climate-related
loads. These loads may include precipitation events, periodic tides,
seasonal accumulation of precipitation, El Nino cycles, glacial
fluctuations, ice sheet and ocean level fluctuations over geologic time,
or climate change. This session aims to bring together this diverse
research to identify the common themes and limits to the extent of
climate-related forcing. We invite contributions that present results from
geologic observations, instrumental observations, or modeling of either
the occurrence or lack of climate forcing of earthquake and volcanic
processes.

Co-convened by Karen Luttrell (kluttrell@xxxxxxxx), Fred Pollitz
(fpollitz@xxxxxxxx),
Laurent Bollinger (laurent.bollinger@xxxxxx), and Amanda Thomas