VOLCANO: ITER's Bioclimatic Dwellings (Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain)

ITER's Bioclimatic Dwellings (Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain)
From: Nemesio Perez Rodriguez <nperez@xxxxxxx>

Dear Colleagues and Friends,
I would like to inform you about ITER's Bioclimatic Dwellings, a unique architectural design project composed of 24 distinct styles of houses set in an energy self-sufficient zero CO2 emission housing complex located at the south of Tenerife Island (Canary Islands, Spain). It was conceived as a living laboratory for diverse bioclimatic techniques together with the integration of renewable energy sources into the architecture.The project is unique in the fact that dwellings are available as an alternative type of accommodation for people who are looking for something different and planning to stay at Tenerife for doing some volcanological field work or organizing different academic activities (volcano workshops, volcanological field trips, etc.). The public in general, and especially professionals in the fields of architecture, engineering, renewable energies, volcanology and environmental sciences can participate in the experience of residing in a bioclimatic dwelling while at the same time enjoy an exceptional location facing the Atlantic and adjoining Montaña Pelada natural park, a marvelous hydromagmatic volcano. In our facilities you can combine leisure with work or training using ITER's Visitor Center, with has multipurpose rooms and also a lecture hall with seating for up to 200 people. We hope the project is of interest and for more information please visit our websites :  http://casas.iter.es/  or http://iter.es. For additional information, please do not hesitate to contact Ms. Miren Iriarte (miriarte@xxxxxxx).
Best regards,

Nemesio M. Pérez