VOLCANO: Katmai conference in 2012? Chapman conference in 2012?

Katmai conference in 2012? Chapman conference in 2012?
From: Alan Robock <robock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear Colleagues,

Next year will be the 100th anniversary of the 1912 Katmai (Novarupta) eruption.  It will also be the 20th anniversary of the AGU Chapman Conference on Climate, Volcanism and Global Change, Hilo, Hawaii, March 23-27, 1992 and the 10th anniversary of the AGU Chapman Conference on Volcanism and the Earth's Atmosphere; Thera, Greece, June 17-21, 2002.

It seems appropriate, therefore to have a conference on volcanism, climate, and the atmosphere next year, and  some colleagues and I are thinking of organizing a Chapman Conference for next year to continue the tradition of those past two, possibly in Iceland.  But if there will also be a Katmai conference, we do not want to compete with it, and I was thinking maybe the Chapman Conference should be at Katmai, including a focus on the 100th anniversary.

Before we proceed, does anyone know of a Katmai Conference that will be planned?  Or have an interest in helping shape such a volcano/atmosphere conference next year?  Contacts for a local organizing committee near Katmai?