VOLCANO: Goldschmidt 2011 Session: Time Scales of Melt Generation, Extraction, and Transport from the Mantle to the Earth’s Surface

Goldschmidt 2011 Session: Time Scales of Melt Generation, Extraction, and Transport from the Mantle to the Earth’s Surface
From: Aaron Pietruszka <apietruszka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear Colleagues,

The abstract deadline for Goldschmidt 2011 is fast approaching (April 15).  We would like to draw your attention to the following session:

04f: Time Scales of Melt Generation, Extraction, and Transport from the Mantle to the Earth’s Surface

Keynote speaker: Ken Rubin (University of Hawaii)

This session focuses on aspects of the generation, extraction, and transport of melt from the mantle to Earth’s surface. We especially welcome studies advancing our understanding of the temporal or chemical aspects of these magmatic processes via in situ or whole-rock techniques. We also encourage submissions discussing insights into magma dynamics from modeling approaches.

Best regards,

Fidel Costa, Aaron Pietruszka, Mary Reid, and Elisabeth Widom