VOLCANO: 11th gas workshop deadlines and registration fee info

11th gas workshop deadlines and registration fee info
From: Felipe Aguilera Barraza <felipe.aguilera@xxxxxx>

Dear Colleagues

The final registration fee for 11th gas workshop (Kamchatka, 1-10 September 2011) will be US$1250. People that will attend the Karymsky volcano field trip will have to pay additionally US$200 on site. But considering that Gorelyi volcano is active now and has a large plume we may not be needed in the Karymsky trip. Gorelyi is just 15 km from Mutnovsky where the main field work is planned.

People that are almost sure to come to Kamchatka are asked to pay a "pre-registration fee" of US$250. The pre-registration fee is returnable after July 2011 in case if you have to cancel your visit to Kamchatka. This amount is necessary to fix hotel reservations during the workshop. The amount has to be paid by the BANK TRANSFER to:

Nicole Bobrowski
Postbank Stuttgart, Germany
IBAN : DE 81600100700474877700
BIC : PBNKDEFF

We are sorry for such a short term notice on necessary payment. But please pay as soon as possible: latest date the preregistration deadline. We remind you that deadline pre-registration is February 28. Consequently we invite you to send us also the pre-registration form as soon as possible.

Remember that we are limited by a number of 40 participants due to the logistic circumstances. Therefore some solicitude will be rejected by the scientific committee just after the deadline.

Start booking tickets as early as possible! September 1 is the all-Russian first school day after vacations and many people will be back to Kamchatka with kids. Prices can rise very high or simply "no seats".

People who need Russian visa will receive a letter of invitation and necessary instructions from the "volcanolog tour" company after the deadline.

Best Wishes

Yuri Taran (taran@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
Nicole Bobrowski (n.bobrowski@xxxxxxxxx)
Felipe Aguilera (felipe.aguilera@xxxxxx)