VOLCANO: Merapi seismic signals: 6 months MsC level training

Merapi seismic signals: 6 months MsC level training
From: Jousset Philippe <P.Jousset@xxxxxxx>

Dear all,

Within the MIAVITA European project, and following Mount Merapi 2010 eruption, we are looking for a highly motivated student to work at BRGM, Orléans, France, for a 6 months training period on the Merapi volcano seismological data set before and during the eruption. Amongst the aims of the training, we will focus on building a catalogue of earthquakes, analysing data in terms of frequency content and mechanisms and other topics to be discussed.
Starting period is as soon as possible.

For further enquiries please contact Philippe Jousset at p.jousset@xxxxxxx.

With best wishes for the New Year,

Philippe Jousset