VOLCANO: Volcano observatories/monitoring institutions information request

Volcano observatories/monitoring institutions information request
From: J Pooley <jenny.pooley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear all,

As part of a current project at the University of Bristol, I'm trying to get as much information as possible about volcano observatories/monitoring institutions in a selection of countries (below). Together with other data collected, we hope to use this in assessing the potential volcanic hazard and risk in these countries.

I'm looking for the name of the institution, which volcanoes are monitored continuously and how, what facilities/equipment or seismic networks you have, how many staff are involved in the monitoring, partner organisations etc.

I have done some web-based research but am keen to check that this information is as up-to-date and comprehensive as possible.

I'd be really grateful if you could email me ( jenny.pooley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ) with any details (facts, websites or names of contacts) that would help me do this?

The countries are:

Columbia
Costa Rica