VOLCANO: Faculty position in Geochemistry, UC Berkeley, USA

Faculty position in Geochemistry, UC Berkeley, USA
From: Paul Renne <prenne@xxxxxxx>

The Department of Earth and Planetary Science at UC Berkeley invites
applications for a tenure-track faculty position in geochemistry. We
seek an individual with research interests and/or approaches that will
complement or augment our existing strengths, and who will contribute
to our core teaching in Earth and Planetary Science. Applicants should
have demonstrable potential for international leadership in one or
more areas of (broadly defined) geochemistry. The appointment will be
at the Assistant Professor level. We especially invite applications
from scientists whose research involves field and/or laboratory
studies of Earth and planetary materials in the solid, liquid and/or
gas states, including organic or inorganic molecules, and their
processes. Applicants are strongly encouraged whose biographical
attributes (e.g., gender, ethnicity) would enhance our department's
diversity.

UC Berkeley is part of a vibrant research community that fosters
extensive interaction with, and access to specialized facilities at,
nearby institutions such as Lawrence Berkeley and Lawrence Livermore
National Laboratories, and the Berkeley Geochronology Center.
Opportunities abound for synergy with researchers in other departments
on campus; notably, a parallel search is underway in the Dept. of
Environmental Science, Policy and Management for an Ecosystem
Geochemist http://espm.berkeley.edu/jobopp2.php.

For information on how to apply, see
http://eps.berkeley.edu/jobs/index.php. The application deadline is
December 12, 2010.