VOLCANO: Call for audio and acoustic data for artist film makers

Call for audio and acoustic data for artist film makers
From: "Sally Kuhn" <KUHNS@xxxxxx>

A call out for audio and acoustic data for artist film makers currently based at the Smithsonian Mineral Sciences lab.

We are looking for audio recordings taken around volcano's, that include sounds of any kind including eruptions, explosions, lava flow, rock falls and ejecta and even fumaroles etc. Also any acoustic seismic data that has been recorded at a reasonably high sample rate which we could convert into audible sound, by up-sampling and by speeding it up.

We are artist film makers currently based at the Smithsonian Mineral Sciences lab making a work based on the science studied here. Previously we have made work for the BBC and Discovery channels and the Royal Academy London. www.semiconductorfilms.com

Many thanks for any help or advice you can offer. Please contact us at GerhardtJ@xxxxxx.

Ruth Jarman and Joe Gerhardt