VOLCANO: Phys. Volc. Studentship?

Phys. Volc. Studentship?
From: Robert Richardson <eldfjall@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear all,

My name is Robert Richardson. I am a University of Liverpool
geology graduate (1st MESci Hons) and currently looking for a studentship
within the realms of physical volcanology.

My particular
research interests are towards eruptive processes and volcano/magma
interactions with external influences, be it atmospheric, hydrospheric or
cryospheric. I believe a studentship in this area of research will allow me to
further my understanding while tackling a challenging project in a field of
research in which I have a strong interest. It will also allow me to pursue a
career in a field of research which is forever advancing and changing, with
different daily challenges and a distinct lack of the mundane!

completed my undergraduate degree (M.E.Sci Geology) at the University
 of Liverpool,
obtaining a 1st Class (Hons) grade. Graduation: 03/08/2008.

During
the course of my degree, I completed two major research projects, one at
bachelor level and one at masters’ level. My bachelor project (“The
geological history of Svínafell, SE
 Iceland”) involved 7 weeks of individual mapping
and field studies, investigating the evolution of sub-glacial and sub-aerial
basalts, interglacial lacustrine sediments and proglacial tillites accumulated
during the past 750Kyr. My masters’ project (“Bathonian Carbonates of the
Cotswolds, SW England: Sedimentation, Diagenesis and Isotope Stratigraphy”)
entailed petrological and isotopic analyses of Middle Jurassic carbonates with
the aim of delineating the stable isotope record through a previously
identified data minima period in the chemostratigraphic record.

I feel
both of my undergraduate research projects, along with the numerous field
classes and chosen taught modules at the University of Liverpool, offer
relevant background knowledge towards a PhD within Geoscience.

If anyone
knows of any studentships that may be of interest, I would be appreciative if
you could pass on any information about the potential project/s. A full CV,
covering letter, transcript and copies of my research projects are available on
request.

Kind
Regards

Robert