Re: Report of Drift Pumice Near Socorro Island: ASTER images

From: Urai, Minoru <urai-minoru@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hi all,

I found string shaped objects in ASTER images observed on January 26, 2009.
http://staff.aist.go.jp/urai-minoru/tmp/Socorro_090126_ASTER.jpg

Image (A) is a part of ASTER VNIR image on January 26, you can see
east part of Socorro Island on the lower left corner. I found objects
looks like string in the red rectangles b and c. Image (B) and (C) are
enlarged image of the b and c.

The location of b and c are 18.9163N, 110.8620W and 19.0969N, 110.7464W.

These objects are believed to be on the sea surface from the stereo
image of ASTER.

These objects may be the floating pumice near Socorro Island.

Best regards

URAI, Minoru
Geological Survey of Japan, AIST