What is volcanology, and why do we do it?

From: Amy Donovan <ard31@xxxxxxxxx>

Dear all,

I am a second-year phd student at the University of Cambridge, UK,
working with Clive Oppenheimer and Michael Bravo. I am interested in
the "culture" of volcanology: how "knowledge" is generated, what it
means to be an expert, and how expert knowledge is applied during
hazard assessment. As part of the project, I am conducting a survey,
and I would be very grateful if you would take part. It should take no
more than 15 minutes, and would be an invaluable and significant
contribution to my phd research! It is also an opportunity to share
insights and experiences if you would like to do so. The url for the
survey is http://www.questionpro.com/akira/TakeSurvey?id=958412

It is funded by the UK Natural Environment Research Council and Economic and
Social Research Council, and has been endorsed by the World Organisation of
Volcano Observatories (www.wovo.org).

Thank you very much for your help
With best wishes
Amy Donovan