Classic petrology and volcanology papers in recycle bin

From: Richard Wunderman <wunderma@xxxxxx>

Hello,

Tim O'Hearn, a friend and esteemed member of my department here at the
Smithsonian, is retiring, and a huge bin of technical papers sits
outside his door, recently stripped from several large filing cabinets.
Some of the papers are recent, others date back to Bowen.  His interest
was sea-floor volcanism, petrology, and the geochemistry of sea-floor
rocks.

I hate to see them go to the recycle bin, preferring instead they end up
in some library (or perhaps many libraries).   I don't have time to dig
through them to find individual favorites.  Collectively, the papers
occupy 1-2 cubic meters and weigh perhaps 150 kg.  I would be happy to
box them up and send them to scientists working where such papers are in
short supply and where internet connections may not yet exist.

Any ideas on where to send these papers?

Yours,

Rick Wunderman
Editor
Bulletin of the Global Volcanism Network
Smithsonian Institution
National Museum of Natural History
10th & Constitution Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20560-0119