AGU Session on Mount St. Helens

From: Mark Reagan <mark-reagan@xxxxxxxxx>

Now that the MSH 2004-8 eruption has been officially declared over, we are
inviting researchers to tell the "rest of the story" at AGU. This session is
intended to be a multi-disciplinary forum for studies of the 2004-2008
eruption of Mount St. Helens. We also welcome studies of its past activity
and its potential for generating future hazards.  The deadline for AGU
abstracts is 10 Sept.

V13: The Rest of the Story: Mount St. Helens 2004-2008
Sponsor:  Volcanology, Geochemistry, and Petrology

January, 2008 offers the opportunity to present time-series research
covering the entire eruption. This session invites papers that build on the
chapters in the upcoming USGS Professional Paper 1750: "A Volcano
Rekindled: The Renewed Eruption of Mount St. Helens, 2004-2006", as well as
any other new research on the eruption and its eruption products. We also
welcome new research relating to the historical development of Mount St.
Helens, its tectonic and physical setting, and its potential hazards for
future eruptions. Like the Professional Paper, we expect the session to be
multidisciplinary, including but not limited to, geology, geochemistry,
petrology, geodesy, geodynamics and geophysics.

Conveners:
Mark K. Reagan
University of Iowa, USA
319-335-1802