JVGR Special Issue: Tharsis Province, Mars

From: Jacob Bleacher, Jacob.Bleacher-1@xxxxxxxx

Journal of Volcanology and Geothermal Research special issue:

Tectonic and Volcanic History of the Tharsis Province, Mars

Guest Editors; Jacob Bleacher, James Dohm

The purpose of this message is to notify you of an upcoming publication
opportunity through the Journal of Volcanology and Geothermal Research
(JVGR) related to the recent Lunar and Planetary Science Conference
(LPSC). A thematic issue related to the Tharsis province of Mars is
being prepared. The title of this issue is expected to be "Tectonic and
Volcanic History of the Tharsis Province, Mars" and it will include a
suite of papers that will unfold new findings through analysis of
state-of-the-art data (see LPSC Wednesday morning session (3/12/08), for
example).  This is a unique opportunity, as the papers will be viewed by
a diverse scientific community, including researchers with a main focus
on terrestrial investigations.

We would like to invite you to prepare and submit a manuscript to this
issue if your work is related to this topic. All manuscripts submitted
to this call will be subject to the standard, rigorous review process
maintained by JVGR, and must be deemed by the editorial staff to be
within the scope of the thematic volume.  The goal for this special
issue is to follow a strict publication schedule with the intent of
publishing before the end of 2008.  The final deadline for manuscript
submission to this issue is May 16th, 2008.  If you anticipate
submitting a manuscript, please reply via e-mail to either:

Jacob Bleacher, Jacob.Bleacher-1@xxxxxxxx

or

James Dohm, jmd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please provide us with a title and an author list.  This information
will be used to help assemble reviewers so that they will be in place by
the submission deadline.  In this way we hope to provide reviews to each
manuscript within two months of submission in order to maintain our
publication deadline.

A review article will lead this special issue.  The article will review
Mariner and Viking era research, and the up to date post-Viking work.
The goal will be to set the stage for papers using new approaches to
study the Tharsis province using the wealth of post-Viking data
available to us now.  This special issue is a timely science response to
these new data and we hope will serve as a starting point for new,
multi-disciplinary studies of the Tharsis province.

We hope you will consider submitting a manuscript to this special issue.
If you plan to submit, we will provide you with a web-link through JVGR
to which you will submit the manuscript.  Again, we plan to follow a
strict publication schedule, and therefore our deadlines will be
enforced.  We look forward to working with you on this special
publication.

Cheers,

Jacob and James