Goldschmidt 2008: Primary melt generation and dynamics of magma transport and storage

From: Rajdeep Dasgupta <rajdeep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear All:

(with apologies for cross-posting)

We wish to draw your attention and encourage you to contribute an
abstract to the special session on "Primary melt generation and dynamics
of magma transport and storage" at the upcoming Goldschmidt conference
2008, to be held in Vancouver, Canada from July 13-18. The abstract
submission deadline is March 1, 2008. The description of the session is
as follows -

Session 10b: Primary Melt Generation and Dynamics of Magma Transport and
Storage

This session will cover a wide range of magmatic processes that occur
within the Earth's asthenosphere, lithosphere and crust. It will host
discussions on subjects such as the conditions and products of primary
melting in the mantle (e.g., the role of volatiles and heterogeneities),
tectonic controls on magma genesis, and the dynamics and time-scales of
melt transport and storage. We encourage all contributions that describe
seismological, petrologic, geochemical, experimental, thermodynamic,
fluid mechanical, and other approaches to understanding magmatic
systems. In particular, we hope to include studies that integrate
observation, experiment, and theory and/or synthesize multi-disciplinary
constraints.

http://www.goldschmidt2008.org/themeView?theme=10

Conveners:

Richard Katz (University of Oxford; richard.katz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
Jeff Standish (Harvard University; standish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
Rajdeep Dasgupta (Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory, Columbia University;
rajdeep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)