New Volcanic Ash Pamphlets Published

From: Claire J. Horwell <claire.horwell@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

The International Volcanic Health Hazard Network, in association with
IAVCEI's Cities and Volcanoes Commission, the USGS, and GNS, New Zealand
are proud to announce the publication of two pamphlets on volcanic ash
fall hazards. The first pamphlet is a guide for the public on the health
hazards of volcanic ash. The second is for the public and emergency
managers on guidelines for preparedness before, during and after an ash
fall.

The pamphlets are designed for mass distribution at the onset of new
eruptions. They are currently being distributed to all volcano
observatories and are being translated into several languages. Currently
they are available in English. The Spanish and Japanese versions will be
available by November 2007 (but online versions are already available at
www.ivhhn.org) with Italian and French soon after. If you would like to
have the pamphlets in your language, please contact me.

To view the pamphlets, please visit www.ivhhn.org
<http://www.ivhhn.org/>  or http://cav.volcano.info/.

TO ORDER THE PAMPHLETS:

1) We can send the pamphlets to you by post. Printed copies can be
ordered for $US70 for 50 copies (minimum order). Download the order form
from either of the websites.

2) We are happy for the pamphlets to be reprinted. High resolution files
can be requested and ftp transfers can be arranged.

Please contact me for sample copy requests.

Best wishes,

Claire Horwell

Dr Claire Horwell
RCUK Fellow
Director of the International Volcanic Health Hazard Network
Institute of Hazard and Risk Research
Department of Earth Sciences
University of Durham
Science Labs., South Road,