IAVCEI Honorary Life Members

From: Steve McNutt <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

IAVCEI is pleased to announce that three scientists have been awarded
Honorary Life Memberships in the Association.
The awardees are:

 Wally Johnson (Australia)
 Franco Barberi (Italy)
 Haraldur Sigurdsson (Iceland)

The award ceremony will be held at the IAVCEI General Assembly in
Iceland in August 2008.

The selection was one of the final acts of the previous Executive
Committee which completed its term on July 13, 2007. The new officers
are now in place; please note that the new Secretary-General is :

 Dr. Joan Marti (Spain)
 Institute of Earth Sciences 'Jaume Almera'
 CSIC
 LLuis Sole Sabaris s/n
 08028 Barcelona
 SPAIN
 j.marti@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I would like to thank the keepers of this listserver for their
assistance to IAVCEI over the last 8 years. I would also like to
invite people on this list who are not members to consider joining
IAVCEI; the cost is modest and the Association gains strength through
higher numbers.

Regards to all,
Steve McNutt
former Secretary-General, 1999-2007