Session Proposals for Volcanic Hazards EGU 2008

European Geosciences Union
General Assembly 2008
Vienna, Austria, 13 - 18 April 2008
From: JH Gottsmann <J.Gottsmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Re: Session proposals for Volcanic Hazards

I would like to invite potential conveners to propose sessions for the Volcanic
Hazards section of EGU's Natural Hazards division during the general assembly
in April 2008.

Interested individuals should aim at identifying at least one co-convener and
submit session titles at the earliest convenient date.

At the moment, there is no need to submit a detailed session description, but a
few words on the general aim of the session will help me coordinating our
efforts. Please note, that there should be a clear component of hazard
assessment and/or risk mitigation in your proposal. I particularly invite you
to think outside the box and identify hazard implications of your research in
particular of basic blue sky research.

Please email contact details of all (co)conveners, titles and a short
description to

j.gottsmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Many thanks for your initiative and best regards

Jo Gottsmann

Secretary for Volcanic Hazards
EGU Division on Natural Hazards

Department of Earth Sciences