Ash Samples and Photos Needed For Museum

*******************************
From:
Kate Hintz <khintz@xxxxxxx>
*******************************

Hello from St. Paul and the Science Museum of Minnesota,

This summer we are hosting the exhibit " A Day in Pompeii." The exhibit features many archaeological artifacts from the ancient city as well as an area about volcanoes around the world. As program manager for the exhibit, I am assembling a variety of volcanic products (pahoehoe, pumice, obsidian, basalt, cinders) for our volunteers to use in demos with our visitors. I am looking for a couple of microscopic images of ash as well as a few small samples of volcanic ash to add to the demo kit. Can anyone offer samples or suggest others who I might contact?

Thank you very much!

Kate

Kate Hintz
Collections Gallery Manager