IAVCEI officer elections

**********************************
From: Steve McNutt (AVO-GI Volcanologist) <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
**********************************

Dear IAVCEI members,

Official ballots were mailed this week for the IAVCEI elections for the term 2007-2011. The voting forms must be mailed so they will be received by June 9, 2007. Note that the vote is a postal vote only and email or fax cannot be used. The terms of new officers begin on July 12, 2007.

Below is a list of the nominees for your information. Note that there is one addition from a previous list: Marta Calvache. Her name was left off the earlier list because of a problem with the payment of Colombia's dues to IUGG. Our statutes and by-laws require that officers be from countries that are members of IUGG. We now have evidence that a good faith effort is under way to resolve the Colombia dues situation so we are pleased to add Marta to the list of candidates.

This is a reminder to all IAVCEI members to please look for the ballot when it arrives, then vote and mail the form promptly. We have a strong suite of candidates and a full contested election is healthy for IAVCEI, so please exercise your privilege of voting. Individual Affiliate members and National Correspondents are eligible to vote.

Best of luck to all candidates.

Steve McNutt
Secretary-General for IAVCEI

Nominations for the 2007 IAVCEI elections

For President (1):

Setsuya Nakada, Japan

For Vice-President (2): Hugo Moreno-Roa, Chile Jean-Christophe Komorowski, France Anita Grunder, USA

For Secretary-General (1):

Peter Kokelaar, UK Hazel Rymer, UK Joan Marti, Spain

For Executive Committee (4):

 Juan Manuel Espindola, Mexico

Marta Calvache, Colombia James D. L. White, New Zealand Yigang Xu, China Pierfrancesco Dellino, Italy