Faculty position in solid-Earth dynamics

******************************
DEPARTMENT OF EARTH & ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES
VANDERBILT UNIVERSITY
******************************
We are searching for a new tenure-track faculty member for our
program in the broadly-defined field of solid Earth dynamics.  We
view physical volcanology as one very appropriate specialty to fill
this slot.   The Department is small but growing, enthusiastic, and
very active and ambitious in both research and teaching.

I'm copying the ad below.  You may also wish to visit our website:
(http://sitemason.vanderbilt.edu/ees/).

Please contact me if you have questions.

Calvin Miller

DEPARTMENT OF EARTH & ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES
VANDERBILT UNIVERSITY

We invite applications for a tenure-track faculty position at the
Assistant Professor level in the general area of Solid-Earth Dynamics

The Department of Earth & Environmental Sciences is a small but
vibrant and growing program that prides itself on its scholarship in
research and teaching at both undergraduate and graduate (MS, PhD)
levels.   We seek an individual who shares our high standards and
commitment, and who will be attracted by opportunities at Vanderbilt
for interaction with a diverse, enthusiastic faculty and student body
in Earth and environmental sciences and related fields. We welcome
applications from candidates pursuing theoretical, experimental,
and/or field-based work.  The specific research specialty is open,
but we are especially aiming at those studying the dynamics and
evolution of Earth's surface and upper crust, with interest in
processes in both ancient and modern systems.  Examples include, but
are not limited to, neotectonics, landscape dynamics, and physical
volcanology.

The position  is effective Fall semester, 2007.  Final review of
applications will begin 15 December 2006. Applications should include
a vita, a statement of research and teaching interests, and names of
at least three references (including mail and e-mail addresses and
phone numbers).  Select applicants will be later asked to provide
student evaluations of teaching (if available). Applications should
be submitted by e-mail to: EESposition@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (PDF, MS-Word
or Corel-WP).  Up to 3 representative papers may be sent to: Calvin
Miller, Search Committee Chair, Department of Earth & Environmental
Sciences, Vanderbilt University, VU Station B Box 351805, 2301
Vanderbilt Place, Nashville, Tennessee 37235-1805. Vanderbilt is an
equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.  Women and minorities
are especially encouraged to apply.