Special volcano seismology session at SSA 2006 meeting

From: Charlotte Rowe <char@xxxxxxxx>

Dear Colleagues:

Please note the following special session which is being convened at the
2006 Seismological Society of America (SSA) meeting in San Francisco,
April 18-22:
Advances in Volcano Seismology: Enhanced Monitoring Capability
Through Application of Complementary Methods

    Conveners:
    Randy White - rwhite@xxxxxxxx
    Charlotte Rowe - char@xxxxxxxx

    Volcano observatories are increasingly working to pool the
    information from various monitoring methods for a broader
    understanding of premonitory phenomena and for better con-
    fidence in our hazard assessments. More powerful computers
    permit greater complexity in analysis and modeling of ever-
    expanding data sets. We invite contributions on any aspect
    of volcano monitoring, particularly those that demonstrate
    reinforcement of hazard assessment through combined methods
    including seismic, deformation, acoustic and others, applied
    at active volcanoes. We especially encourage presentations
    regarding monitoring and hazard assessment/mitigation at
    North American volcanoes; however, contributions from other
    regions are also welcome.

Abstracts may be submitted online at:
http://submissions.miracd.com/SSA2006/login.asp

Abstract deadline is January 16, 2006.
More information regarding this special, Centennial SSA meeting at:
http://www.seismosoc.org

Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you in San Francisco!

Randy White
Charlotte Rowe