Re: vlan_skb_recv

Stephen Anderson wrote:
Hello,

To help increase throughput and bypass the backlog queue, I changed the
netif_rx() to netif_receive_skb() in vlan_skb_recv().  What's the
argument for using netif_rx() other than legacy maintenance?  At this
point, interrupt context should not be an issue.  Layer 2 performance
has been a big focus in my area of development.

I'm sure you have seen many attempts to implement a single VLAN aware
IVL FDB in the past and I was wondering which attempt do you feel was
the best?  Have you ever considered integrating your VLAN support
natively into the bridging code base or know of any attempts to do just
that?
Patrick would be a better person to ask. Please use netdev mailing list in the future
as well, as we are closing this list in a few days.

Thanks,
Ben

Thanks,
smanders