Re: Mixing tagged and untagged vlans using via-velocity driver

Hi,
On Fri, May 25, 2007 at 09:37:09AM +0200, Nicklas Bondesson wrote:
> At this point I can communicate with vlan5. When I try to bring up a virtual
> interface using vconfig it seems to inherit the vlan5 tagging, thus making
> it impossible to communicate with an untagged vlan.

Without looking at the source code I guess the hardware has the
ability to put in a vlan tag, and remove a vlan tag so the kernel
sees an untagged ethernet frame.
Usually this can be turned on and off.
Looking at the source code you have to explicitly turn it off
using enable_tagging=0.
Anyway: It seems this driver does not support the vlan code in
the kernel, so you have to use the soft version.

--
begin  LOVE-LETTER-FOR-YOU.txt.vbs
I am a signature virus. Distribute me until the bitter