From: vlan-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: vlan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tue Aug 08 18:16:14 2006
Subject: Re: [VLAN] loading the module

On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 05:15:52PM -0400, Torres, Javier wrote:
> Hello,
> I am new to this list and want to say hello and also ask a question ;)

Hello. :)

> I am currently running kernel version:
>
> 2.6.10-2.3.legacy_FC2smp
>

> Within this kernel I already have 8021q.ko just need to load it.
>

> Within modprobe.conf I would like to add it so on reboot it is
> added, I was wondering what the syntax would be to add this in, or
> is this not the same module?

How you specify which modules to load on boot will vary between
distributions. From the kernel name I guess you're using Fedora Core
2 and I don't know much about that.

Reading the modules.conf manpage you can set up a special directory
that should contain all modules you want loaded on boot and add:

path[boot]=/path/to/directory

to your modules.conf file, but I don't know how it would get picked
up if modprobe is never called during boot..

//Peter