[VLAN] macvlan_config

Ard van Breemen wrote:
> Hello Ben,
> I want to start supporting macvlan's in debian (with debian style
> "auto" configuration).
> I'm just not so charmed with the name macvlan_config.
> Is it ok if I rename that (in the resulting package) to mvconfig?

That is fine by me.

> I think that macvlan's are essential if you want to do "pure"
> vrrp implementations (with mac-address failover).

I have re-written the mac-vlan patch a bit lately, primarily to
simplify the code and remove functionality I never used (and thus, never tested.)

The main changes:

*  Allow only matching on the destination MAC, not the source.

*  Allow only matching a single MAC address, not a list.
    (Removed the hash lookup logic as well.)

If you want to re-add this functionality, lets talk about it.

I also fixed some crashes on module removal and some locking
logic.

The patch is now included in our combined patch, but you can
split it out easily enough.  You can find the patch here:

http://www.candelatech.com/oss/candela_2.6.17.patch

The latest vconfig/mvl_config snapshot is here:
http://www.candelatech.com/oss/vlan-2006-08-04.tgz

Thanks,
Ben

--