[VLAN] VLAN configuration - native VLAN and setting PVID

Stephen,

I got my inputs from the following references.
http://www.informit.com/articles/article.asp?p=102157&seqNum=2&rl=1
http://www.commsdesign.com/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=26806942

The following is my setup
eth1.1 bridged with eth0.1 and
eth2.2 bridged with eth0.2
This configuration implements a VLAN switch with two access ports(port eth1
for VLAN 1 and port eth2 for VLAN 2) and a trunk port eth0 capable of
carrying frames with VLAN ID either 1 or 2 in its 802.1q tag. Now, consider
another switch with exactly the same configuration. Then, the trunk ports of
the switches are connected. Now device connected to port eth1 of switch 1
and that connected to port eth1 of switch 2 can interchange frames with VLAN
ID 1. The same is the case with eth2 on both the switches. The following
will the diagramatic representation of the setup.(trying my hand in acsii
diagram for the first time...)

      eth1                                             eth1
        |                                                    |
--------------             trunk            ---------------
|         eth0 |------------------------| eth0           |
--------------                                 ---------------
        |                                                    |
      eth2                                             eth2

Two VLANs span across 2 switches. There is no bridging/routing 'between'
these two VLANs. So, this works like a perfect VLAN swicth.

Now I wish to connect VLAN unaware PCs to eth1 of both the switches. can I
go for the following config?
eth1 bridged to eth0 and
eth2.2 bridged to eth0.2
This did not work when I tried. What i exected of the above configuration
was -
1) all the untagged frames from eth1 passes thru the bridge and goes out of
eth0 as untagged frame. similary in the opposite direction.
2) all the frames with VALN ID 2 entering eth2 gets untagged at eth2.2, gets
bridged to eth0.2, gets tagged with VLAN ID 2 at eth0 and goes out of the
trunk as tagged frame. similar steps can be followed in the opposite
direction from eth0 to eth2.

what is actaully happening is -
1) all the untagged frames from eth1 passes thru the bridge and goes out of
eth0 as untagged frame. something similar happens in the opposite direction.
(goes fine as expected)
2) all the frames with VALN ID 2 entering eth2 gets untagged at eth2.2, gets
bridged to eth0.2, gets tagged with VLAN ID 2 at eth0 and goes out of the
trunk as tagged frame. But, in the opposite direction, frames with VLAN ID 2
entering eth0 gets bridged to reach eth1, instead of untagging at eth0.2 and
getting bridged to eth2. bridging seems to take a higher precedence compared
to virtual interfaces.

The above inferences are made based on findings using ethereal.

One more requirement, PVID is based on its definition and functionality as
described in the second reference link given above.

Thanks a lot for the help!