[VLAN] Newbiew question: Need some clarifications in 802.1q and bridging code interaction in linux

Hi Alex,
              Thank you very much for the clarification. Generally in
commercial multi-layer switches by bridging we mean the entity is capable of
separating the vlan domains and does switching within specific the vlan
domain. So I got the confusion. In Linux implememtation a bridge means a
broadcast domain, so for example  if I need to support all 4096 vlans then I
need to create 4096 bridging entities and attach the specific subports like
eth01.2, eth01.3 etc to bridge for that vlan. So the forwarding rules of
bridge (br_handle_frame) needn't take care of vlan encapsulation if any as
vlan tags (packet type 0x8100) will be processed before bridging code
analyzes it and vlan layer will pass the sk_buff to the specific bridge
that is attached to that vlan subport (ethx.y). Am I right?

Thanks,
Pranjal