Ant: RE: [VLAN] switches roaming mechanism

Hi Jojan,

thanks very much for your answer. The simulator is
written in C++; it uses OTcl as a command and
configuration interface.

But das Problem, This Roaming mechanism in Layer 2 is
not supported,and I must it implement in C++

I want to simulate handover process between 2 Access
Point.

I mean the following description
with other words:
- swichtes Roaming or
- a fast handoff mechanism for intra-domain

                   -------
                   | LAN |
                    -----
                  /       \
                 /         \
             ------         -------
           |switch 1|      |switch 2|
            --------       ---------
           /       \            /
          /         \          /
        ---         ---       ----
       |AP1|       |AP2|      |AP3|
        ---         ---       ----
       =
      =
     =
    MN  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

a mobile node move from old AP  (AP1)to new AP (AP2 or
AP3).
AP are connected to a SWITCH or several swichtes.

To my understanding,I can?t use mobile IP, because it
concerns L2 Roaming(in the same EES) and  ns does not
support WLAN roaming between access points.

can I implement this mechanism(L2-Roaming)  in ns2
with HA,FA and CoA ?

thanks very much in advance

I work  with  NS-Network Simulator (ns2).