[VLAN] Making vlan configuration permanent

Elias Arends wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> <>I have a very simple question. I've created two vlan interfaces on
> my Red Hat Enterprise
> ES box and they are working just fine, but whever I restart, I lose
> the configs. How do

> <>I make them permanent?

 Consult:

/usr/share/doc/initscripts-7.93.5/sysconfig.txt

/etc/sysconfig/network:

  NETWORKING=yes|no
  HOSTNAME=<fqdn by default, but whatever hostname you want>
  GATEWAY=<gateway IP>
  GATEWAYDEV=<gateway device to use, when multiple devices have
GATEWAY=> (e.g. eth0)
  NISDOMAIN=<nis domain name>
  VLAN=yes|no
  IPX=yes|no
  IPXAUTOPRIMARY=on|off (note, that MUST be on|off, not yes|no)
  IPXAUTOFRAME=on|off (again, not yes|no)
  IPXINTERNALNETNUM=<netnum>
  IPXINTERNALNODENUM=<nodenum>

[....]

  Ethernet 802.1q VLAN items:
     DEVICE=eth0.42
       Initscripts use DEV_PLUS_VID_NO_PAD naming mode for VLAN
       devices.
               Example: eth0.42 for vlan 42 on device eth0.
       Valid VLAN ID range is 0-4095. Most ethernet switches reserve
       VLAN ID 1 to be used as management VLAN; starting from VLAN
       ID 2 is recommended.
     REORDER_HDR=yes|no
       When enabled the VLAN device will move the ethernet header
       around to make it look exactly like a real ethernet device.
       This may help programs such as ISC dhcpd which read the raw
       ethernet packet and make assumptions about the location of
       bytes. If you don't need it turn it off because there
       is a small performance penalty. Default is on.