[VLAN] Making vlan configuration permanent

Hi ,

Just edit your /etc/sysconfig/network and add a line like this :

VLAN=yes

Then goto /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts . For example if you want to have
an interface for VLAN5 on eth0 you have to make a file named : ifcfg-eth0.5
.
Inside of this file should be as always in redhat like this :

DEVICE=eth0.5
BOOTPROTO=none
IPADDR=192.168.25.9
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
ONBOOT=yes

Done .
You can restart your machine and see that the sub interfaces comes up when
the eth0 comes up !
---
Regards

   /  Seyyed Hamid Reza    /        WINDOWS FOR NOW  !!            /
  /  Hashemi Golpayegani  /  Linux for future , FreeBSD for ever  /
/  Network Administrator/ hamid@xxxxxxxxx   ,   ICQ# : 42209876 /