Re: failed: Could not start storage pool: cannot open directory: ... No such file or directory

On Mon, Jan 30, 2023 at 08:29:47PM +0530, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> Checking in again if someone can help me for an earlier post to this
> mailing list. Thanks in advance.
>
> > # cat /etc/redhat-release
> > CentOS Linux release 7.9.2009 (Core)
> > #virt-install --version
> > 1.5.0
> >
> > ERROR    Error validating install location: Validating install media
> > '/var/lib/libvirt/isos/ubuntu-20.04.4-live-server-amd64.iso,kernel=casper/vmlinuz,initrd=casper/initrd'
> > failed: Could not start storage pool: cannot open directory
> > '/var/lib/libvirt/isos/ubuntu-20.04.4-live-server-amd64.iso,kernel=casper/vmlinuz,initrd=casper':
> > No such file or directory

It looks like virt-install is interpreting the entire string passed
to --location as a path, which will of course not work.

I notice that you're running a version of virt-manager that's almost
five years old. I'm pretty sure the current version of virt-manager
handles this scenario correctly, because I recently filed an
unrelated issue where the workaround involves using kernel and initrd
with --location.

I would normally suggest to try the current main branch, but the age
of the underlying OS would probably make that challenging. And even
if the fix were to be identified, I'm not convinced it is at all
likely that it would get backported to CentOS 7.

If you can't upgrade your OS, I'm afraid your best option might be to
perform the installation on a separate machine, transfer the disk
image over and then use --import mode.

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Virtualization]     [KVM Development]     [CentOS Virtualization]     [Netdev]     [Ethernet Bridging]     [Linux Wireless]     [Kernel Newbies]     [Security]     [Linux for Hams]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite Forum]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux Admin]     [Samba]     [Video 4 Linux]