Re: Plans for next release?

On Tue, Jan 25, 2022 at 1:38 PM Andrea Bolognani <abologna@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 25, 2022 at 11:21:27AM +0100, Christian Ehrhardt wrote:

> > > That makes perfect sense, and having a rough timeline should make it
> > > possible to plan the Debian work accordingly. Thanks!
> >
> > Thanks to both of you for taking care of this!
> >
> > FYI - Feb 24th is the next Ubuntu feature freeze (just the estimated 4
> > weeks from now), if we could manage to get it done by then that would
> > be great.
> > Keep me in the loop if we need a feature freeze exception.
>
> Given your deadline, I would probably not hold out for an upstream
> release and coordinate with the Debian developers to make sure a
> 3.2.0-based package that can be built against the latest libvirt
> release is available in the archive instead. You can then decide to
> rebase if the new virt-manager release materializes in time. But
> that's just how *I* would personally handle the situation :)

I'm not holding breath on anything :-)
But I did the virtual version of it [1] which allows me to wait just a
tiny bit longer.

Also I wanted to use this opportunity and the fact that since the 2-4
weeks estimate 3.5 have passed by now.
Therefore @Cole Robinson is there any update on a new release ETA
based on the work so far?

[1]: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/virt-manager/+bug/1961027

--
Christian Ehrhardt
Staff Engineer, Ubuntu Server

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Virtualization]     [KVM Development]     [CentOS Virtualization]     [Netdev]     [Ethernet Bridging]     [Linux Wireless]     [Kernel Newbies]     [Security]     [Linux for Hams]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite Forum]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux Admin]     [Samba]     [Video 4 Linux]