Re: Plans for next release?

On 1/23/22 11:47 AM, Andrea Bolognani wrote:
> Hi,
>
> virt-manager 3.2.0 has been out for more than a year now, and since
> then there's been a fair number of changes, including fixes to make
> the test suite pass against recent libvirt versions.
>
> There's now a bug[1] filed against the Debian package highlighting
> these test suite failures, and because of it virt-manager is going to
> be removed from testing on February 8th.
>
> It would of course be possible to backport the necessary fixes, but
> given how long it's been since the last release I think it would make
> sense to tag a new one anyway.
>
> Do you think there's any chance of that happening in the next couple
> of weeks?
>
> Thanks!

2 weeks: maybe. 4 weeks: more likely. There's already some potentially
disruptive stuff in git like feature removals and default changes, but
there's more coming, and I'd rather they all be in one release than two
releases in close proximity. I'm actively working on it all though

Thanks,
Cole

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Virtualization]     [KVM Development]     [CentOS Virtualization]     [Netdev]     [Ethernet Bridging]     [Linux Wireless]     [Kernel Newbies]     [Security]     [Linux for Hams]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite Forum]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux Admin]     [Samba]     [Video 4 Linux]