UI Design: Grouping Virtual Machines

Hello,

I was wondering what peoples thoughts are on grouping virtual machines into collapsing/expanding
categories.

Use Case:
> I have a home lab with a few (15) VMs. Some are running my network services, other are for media.
> I would like to group some VMs into specific grouping, which could then be folded up (hidden).
> When I open up virt-manager it is with a specific context in mind, e.g. networking issue, this
> feature would make it quicker easier to identify my desired VM.

I've read the design documentation and feel this is a borderline change "virt-manager does not aim
to support management of many hosts with many VMs." This is why I'm asking here before I start work
on it.

Kindest regards,
Pete

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Virtualization]     [KVM Development]     [CentOS Virtualization]     [Netdev]     [Ethernet Bridging]     [Linux Wireless]     [Kernel Newbies]     [Security]     [Linux for Hams]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite Forum]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux Admin]     [Samba]     [Video 4 Linux]